Ever wondered why many people look forward to special occasions as well as events? It is often because these holidays bear good tidings and surprises. Often, gifts that are exchanged and delicious finger-licking food served when people come together. The gift is often the cheery on the cake when it comes to celebrations as it only adds more value to it. Additionally, it is touching whenever you see the recipient gasp in excitement from the gift you hand over to them. However, the type of gift says a lot about the giver and often communicates a certain message to the receiver.
A gift is an unexpected object that is offered to someone who may deserve it for one reason or the other. It is not paid for by the receiver and often you do not get something back in return. Often, they are given during various celebratory occasions for the receiver such as a birthday, wedding, graduation, new born baby delivery and farewell among others. There are also times when a gift or present is given due to a holiday that is known.
Here are the reasons why we give gifts to the people we love and care about:
- To begin with, we give gifts to those we care about and are determined to keep a relationship with. It does not matter whether the relationship is a romantic one or a friendly one. For both occasions, a present works to create both.
- Apart from trying to establish a relationship, these simple ideas help to strengthen a bond with our families, friends and lovers.
- We also give gifts so that the recipient feels taken care of and appreciated
- Additionally, offering a gift gives you the chance to be remembered by someone you care about
- A gift is always an alternative to giving money as it more personalized and the presentation is acceptable
- Every personal bond needs to be fortified every now and then. What other way than to bring a well thought out present to seal the deal?
- Lastly, it is a tradition to give gifts in celebration of the people who mean something to you and for others to celebrate you.
Gifts vary with the occasion as well as the receiver of the gift. It is crucial to take certain aspects into considerations when you are looking for a gift. The categories of present giving include:
- The gender of the receiver
Although there are unisex presents, it is unlikely that you would give a lady and gentleman identical gifts. However, if they are similar, the color and material would vary.
- The age of the receiver
Besides the gender of the receiver, the age is a determining factor. It is unlikely that you would give a grown up a toy unless it is for nostalgic reasons.
- The occasion
Different gifts are given during different events. It would be unlikely to offer Easter eggs during Christmas season.
- The relationship between the giver of the gift and the receiver
The more personal your relationship is the easier it is to give personal gifts without arousing curiosity and awkwardness.
- The personality of the gift-receiver
Knowing the owner of the present will make it special to give them something more worthy to them. It could be something that is part of their hobbies or desires.
- The budget
It is always important to work within the budget such that you do not feel the pinch one you get the gift.
We all need to eat to live! Better yet, we all love food that has been well cooked and tastes mouth-watering. Making food delicious requires you to go through a certain process in the kitchen. Also, it depends on the food you may be trying to make. You could be trying to make a great barbeque, bake a cake, cookies or bread, make a smoothie, simmer some soup or even sauté some vegetable. All these foods are made in different ways and require different utensils and devices throughout their varying stages.
For this reason, the kitchen becomes the best store for you to look for a gift to suit different occasions. Here you can get a present for either a man or a lady, a mother or a father, young or old and even those who are interested in cooking as well as those who do not fancy the kitchen. The list of interesting thoughtful gifts are only limited to your imagination and creativity. Kitchen devices are numerous and incredibly handy and can vary to suit the occasion.
There are varying occasions, events and holidays that require you to selflessly give gifts all around you. These holidays may include the following;
Christmas is a holiday that is based on the giving of gifts all around the world. it is a holiday to remind us of how God gave his best- His Only Son. Additionally, it is also signified by the three wise men who came to see the baby while bearing gifts. Since this great gift from God, families around the world offer gift to their loved ones. The children also believe in a gift- bringer such as Santa Clause, St. Nicholas or Father Christmas. In Germany, Christkind is their gift bringer, while in Spain they believe the three wise men are the gift bringers. In Italy, Befana is the old lady who brings gifts to them all. This holiday is also celebrated differently depending on what region of the world it is.
This is a Jewish holiday that last for eight days. It is usually at the same time as Christmas. This holiday is also known as the festival of light whereby candles are lit. Hannukah is an eight day festival that involves silver and blue gifts swaddled gifts. Additionally, the family gets together to spend time and enjoy each other’s company.
Easter is a holiday to celebrate the Son of God who gave his life to save mankind. It does not often include much of giving. However, there is a belief of the Easter Bunny that brings Easter eggs to little children that originated from Germany. This bunny is believed to bring colored chocolate eggs, and a basket of candy. Also, he brings toys to the children’s homes the eve before Easter.
Valentines is on 14th February annually. It is a day often associated with love and romance. This holiday is described with a lot of candy, chocolate, roses and cards. The gifts are often dependent on the relationship status of the couple. The more intimate the couple is with each other, the spicier the gift should be. This is one of those holidays when you can give just about anything since it is based on love and personality.
Besides the universally celebrated holidays, there are certain events in our lives that ask of our giving hearts. They are often happy times in our lives. They are:
Birthdays are usually celebrated and the best attention given to the owner of the day by pampering them in different ways. It is a tradition to offer a gift on birthdays since the message the present carries establishes a personal bond that the recipient and the giver have. Since the individual has achieved yet another milestone and continues to add years to their life, it is worth the celebration and a gift is the best way to express your love. Better yet, it is better than offering money to the recipient. It also shows that you pay attention to their needs by the personality of the gift that you offer.
Everyone has a birthday; however, it does not mean that every individual deserves the same gift for their birthday. The gift that you could give your sister would not be the right one to give to your mother. The relationship you have with the two is different. Additionally, their personalities vary as well as their age.
The unity of two hearts is always a joy to many. These celebrations are full of love and excitement of the new life ahead. It clearly signifies the decision and commitment the newlyweds have for each other. It bonds two families and communities. The melodious love is portrayed and blessings from family and friends are a necessity. There are so many gifts that can be given to the couple to make their life much easier and their life together blissful. Being thoughtful and creative in this case will always come in handy in this case. The bond you have with the couple is also very important.
There is great appreciation and satisfaction in an athlete who runs several miles to the finish line. The same goes to a student who puts in all the effort they have to finish their studies and graduate so as to make it to the next level of their life. Parents are often the most proud individuals when their children make it through their studies. Even as a friend, you would look up to any individual who completes their studies.
Any graduate who makes it this far in life really needs to be applauded for their hard work and determination. A thoughtful gift in this situation is one that helps the graduate to move forward with their life in the most comfortable way possible.
A new graduate is just beginning his or her life. Presenting them with a kitchen device could be a great start for them. They are amongst the easiest to gift with kitchenware since they literally need everything. However, as a gift, it is best to pick out something with a bit of edge and uniqueness that will help it stand out.
- A blender is always the perfect gift since it will be used to make a basic breakfast of smoothies and shakes. Eventually, it can be used for experimenting on pureed soups and sauces.
- A decent knife that can chop up basically anything is the best. It will make the preparation of almost everything possible.
- A spice set will make a new cook try out new recipes and foods. A few spices well packaged can go a long way. A new graduate does not have to eat plain food just because his or her life has begun and they do not have the right accessories.
- A toaster oven is also a great gift. It helps get rid of boring plain bread. Once the bread feels and tastes great, with time, they will get themselves a bread maker.
- A large wooden cutting board is a necessity. You can use it for chopping anything.
- A set of dishes will give a style of presentation to the food they prepare. It could include bowls, plates and even a tray.
- A good skillet or saucepan can save a new graduate the frustration of burning a good recipe of steak.
- A set of stovetop basics could be a good start. These include a few wooden spoons, a fish spatula, a pair of tongs as well as a whisk. All these should come with a holder making it easy to store as well.
- Bridal showers
This young beautiful ladies need to be sent off in a magical, fairy-tale-kind of way. Walking into a marriage can be an incredible thing. Also, it is important to celebrate the young lady for committing to a relationship and deciding to step into a new chapter of her life and starting her family. For this reason, presents are endless and unlimited in equal equations.
Besides money, there are many things that a young bride needs to ensure that her house is in order as she steps into it. The gifts here, on the other hand, are not all about necessity but also making her feel special. Besides, there are those times when the bride may feel mellow and uncertain of her decision and her close friends and family are obliged to keep her focused and excited on her decision.
The best gift to give to the young lady during her bridal party is often a kitchen device. There is often a wish list available and something incredible to get her. It is also possible to find something unique that may not be on the list. For instance:
- Table/ place mats- everyone always remembers to buy kitchen utensils but no one thinks of the place to set the dishes on once they have food in them. It is a great present when it comes to dinner representation.
- A dessert stand is also ideal as it will give her a reason to prepare dessert and sweet yummies. It is a simple and affordable item that could be used in the presentation of other food as well.
- A set of champagne glasses always adds a sense of elegance to any kitchen. Though fragile, the champagne flutes are classy to both alcoholics and non-alcoholics.
- A set of appetizer plates also go a long way. They are perfect, not only for serving appetizers, but also as decorators on the table.
- Most young brides love the kitchen and making all sorts of pastries is a hobby. Having a stand mixer may be more of a necessity than a luxury. It definitely makes things easier and faster.
- A slow cooker is a very personal gadget and, it carries both style and elegance into the kitchen. It would get the bride psyched up to try out various new recipes no matter how long the food may take to get ready.
- The ever-trendy decanter mixes simplicity with sophistication because it makes anything look tastier even if it was just water.
- An ice-cream maker makes experimenting with different flavors incredible. It includes Cuisinart ice cream and sorbet.
- A stylish set of cookware is also a great gift for the bride. She would have fun with her sleek set of saucepans.
- One of the most traditional gifts in the African societies is a traditional pot. It is a necessity in the kitchen especially when it comes to cooking the traditional dishes that often require a charcoal stove or even firewood.
- Baby showers
A bundle of joy is always accepted in the society happily. Not only are the parents of the unborn or newly born thrilled by its arrival but the community is as well. For this reason, celebrations are held and people gather to celebrate the arrival of the baby or to congratulate the parents as they await the birth of the child. Gifts given during this time are usually aimed at making life for the new parents a lot easier once their loved one arrives.
When babies arrive, the mother needs to spend more time in the kitchen to make sure she eats a sufficient amount of food as well as the right type of food. With time, she also needs to prepare food to supplement the breast milk she gives the infant. This means that the kitchen will become her frequently visited room in the house. Gifting her with kitchen devices that ease her life is a perfect idea. Here are some gadgets that could work as gifts for her:
- A blender always comes in handy since it helps in mashing food once the baby is being weaned. It makes preparing the baby food faster and easier. The mother will be relieved to come up with a smooth consistency in a few minutes.
- A thermos-flask is a necessity as it keeps water warm making it easier for the new mother to access it whenever she needs it. The hot water is handy when it comes to cleaning the baby, the baby’s utensils and in case she needs some to relax her muscles with.
- A bottle warmer is convenient since you can warm the milk without having to remove it from the bottle. It helps in keeping hygiene levels high and takes less time. Additionally, it helps the mother come up with the right temperature without having to warm the milk then cooling it.
- A baby food maker is the best thing for a mother. It not only chops and warms the baby food but also warms the food. What could be better than this incredible device?
- A recipe book with all kinds of healthy recipes that keep the new mom in excellent health could never be wrong. It will help the young lady know what food she needs to eat, how to prepare it and what she could use as an accompaniment.
It is a great deal to stay in a relationship for a year. It could be a marriage or just a mutual friendship but the difference is the same. It is definitely the time to look back and reminisce on the journey you took together, remembering the highs and lows that come with the relationship. When celebrating an anniversary it is important to give gifts that keep the bond in its right form. To do this, it is important to offer gifts that create opportunity to do things together. Often, marriage anniversaries are those that are taken most seriously.
The kitchen is an excellent place to keep a couple who have been together for a while. Kitchen gadgets that encourage them to get in the kitchen together are usually the best. However, other gifts that make their kitchen look and feel homely are also acceptable. Some of the gifts include the following:
- A waffle iron offers a wonderful breakfast for a couple. The aroma is to-die-for and the flavor is simply amazing.
- A pressure cooker is great for making a wide variety of meat dishes. It is also helpful for boiling legumes such as peas and beans. This will widen their options of food.
- A mighty knife will cut through anything. It is also a good item to have in the kitchen. Having a good knife makes it enjoyable to prepare different foods since it is easy to chop different cuts of the ingredients to be used.
- An air fryer is the best alternative to the oil fryer. It prepares food without having to use too much oil since it works by circulating hot air around the food until it is cooked. For instance it can fry foods that include fries, fish, chicken and even pastries. Additionally, this gadget helps cut down on your food budget as it reduces the amount of oil you need.
- The powerhouse blender is the best for a household that fancies smoothies, shakes and certain fruit juices. As an anniversary gift this could be a health related gift.
- An electric water kettle will ensure that there is always a pot of tea ready for the couple to enjoy in the late evenings as they relax.
- The Dutch oven is a unique accessory in any couple’s kitchen. It is a thick walled cooking pot made of cast iron, cast aluminum or even ceramics. They have tight lids and are used as casserole dishes.
- A gourmet barbeque set includes a barbeque grill, a long handled fork and tongs. Additionally, it comes with a pair of mitten as well. There is often a spoon used to turn the coal in case the grill is a charcoal one.
- A beautiful pair of champagne flutes to make a toast for the time they have had in the relationship. It does not matter if the anniversary is for friends or even a couple. The glasses signify the occasion well.
- A wood carving heart chopping board is a very exclusive piece that could just be used for décor purposes. Giving this as a gift is thoughtful of the contributor.
- Oven-to-table entertaining platter is often made of heavy metal since it must be able to withstand the heat in the oven but has enough space to present the accompaniments when serving the dish. It should also have the looks to make it on to your table.
- Row boat serving bowl with wooden serving utensils is very appealing. It is best for serving salads.
A new home is a great achievement to different people. There are those who may have bought a new house or just moved house. Often, you do not have time to help them during the process for moving. For this reason, it is better to offer them a gift instead. Additionally, it often impresses and leaves an amazing imprint on the receiver.
The kitchen is a good place to find the best gift for either a lady or gent. Here are some house warming ideas that could be incredibly helpful:
- A Moka Express Stovetop Percolator is important for the coffee lovers. It brews the best coffee you could come across and it is easily available. This is a good gift to give a gent who is obsessed with his coffee and prefers to have a quick breakfast as he is on his way out.
- An Ory Tray is a pretty tray to give to a couple who just moved in next door. It offers the opportunity to have breakfast in bed.
- Persima Serving Bowl is a good item to help you make up for any of the bowls that they may have lost while moving houses. It is a great relief.
- Marble cheese knives are helpful when it comes to dealing with cheese a sandwich or in case the individual may need to cube it. The marble handle gives the knife a classy touch.
- A tuskan mixing bowl set makes mixing of batter easier as it comes in different sizes. This is a gift for a baker or someone who has interest in making different pastries.
- A DIY lemonade kit is ideal for the lemonade addict. Instead of having to go buy the lemonade, there is the option of just getting into the kitchen and making it on your own from step one.
- A cookbook gives the new home owners a chance to get curious in the kitchen and prepare their meals. The cookbook could focus on just a few dishes from certain categories or could feature a wide variety that ranges from meats and stews to pastries and desserts.
- A gold cube salt and pepper shakers are just a unique set for the dining table when entertaining guests.
- Brass tip salad servers are convenient and work well when serving salad to guests.
- The unique Wiener dog oil and vinegar set is convenient for your table in case you serve salad.
- Cheese and crackers serving board is more of a presentational item as compared to a functional one. However, it is a good for a cheese and crackers lover.
- New job or a Promotion
It is exciting to get a new job or a promotion at work. It is a step up the career level and, therefore, a significant goal in life. The gift offered to this individual makes them feel successful and even more goal-oriented.
- A coffee maker would make it much easier for an individual to make a quick mug as they head out to kick start their day.
- A coffee grinding machine is essential if you already have a coffee making machine. It makes it easier for you to just buy the coffee beans and grind them on your own for fresh coffee.
- A tea or coffee mug that has a customized message encourages the new boss to keep doing what they do best. The message depends on the bond you have and what you would like to tell the new job worker.
There are those times when we do things that are not right to the people we care about that. Often, words are not enough to gain their trust and respect. For this reason, it could be important to look out for a touching present that could make the apology worth the while.
- Customized kitchen towels will always send the message you intend to pass across. It makes it easier for the individual to forgive you when every time she picks out the towel she gets to see your apology.
- Personalized apology plates will always whisper the apology whenever your friend sits down to eat.
- Customized handmade apron always works the magic. It can come in a variety of colors and designs depending on what is preferred.
- Apology drink pitchers have an apology message printed on them
- A gourmet oil dipping spice kit is great for a lady who loves her food spicy and aromatic. A scrumptious place of something spicy should make the heavy heart calm down for just a bit.
- Farewell gifts
Farewell gifts are important as it helps those leaving to remember their families and friends even as they part ways. These presents are therefore critical and need to have a deep message. More often than not, farewell gifts are small and can be easily carried. This is because even as the individual leaves, he or she needs to be able to carry their gift with them. For instances of flying out of the country, the gifts need to be manageable. Some ideas of such gifts include:
- Customized pitchers and mugs
- Halogen oven is great for ladies who enjoy the kitchen and are adventurous with their food.
- Wine glasses would work well for a colleague who may have retired. It would signify drinking fine wine.
- Mason jars can store just about anything from jellies to grains and at times even flour or sugar.
- The kitchen-aid stand mixer is a small portable mixer that allows you to mix batter well and easily within no time. It is a good gift for those who enjoy baking
- A hanging magnetic spice rack is a nice gift for those individuals who love collecting spices.
Gifting our mothers is also a very satisfying ordeal. It does not matter if it is their birthday, mother’s day or an anniversary. It may seem easy to give presents to mom since there so much to offer, but at times, it is about how special the gift can be for them. To begin with, it needs to be unique, beautiful and something that will be of essence and purpose to them. The kitchen is always the best category of presents for our beloved moms. Gifts for them include the following;
- A customized mug- it could have a personal message written on it or a unique shape depending on what it will be used for. If your mother loves cocoa, a fox mug could be main reason she would make lots of cocoa even during summer.
- A cake stand- this is for those mothers who just enjoy their time in the kitchen baking fresh cakes. It would be a new way to present the pastries besides the luring aroma.
- The calligraphy tea set adds style to a simple tea party with her fellow moms. It has a teapot and about six small mugs. Often the Chinese characters would mean “love,” “fate,” or “patient.” It is an affordable and a personal set.
- A pair of Fox and Raccoon Salt and Pepper Shakers would look amazing on mom’s well laid out dinner table.
- There are very many gifts to offer to different people. However, I love the giving of kitchen gadgets as gifts because they are always handy and have their level of personality. After all, kitchen gadgets often make life easier. Additionally, they are durable and could help for a long time if well maintained. They range from simple eating and cooking utensils to more complicated baking dishes and serving dishes.
- Additionally, these utensils and devices work best when picked out keenly. Consider the materials and colors. There are some gadgets that are unisex but the material and color could make a great difference. Also checking on the durability will help discover if the item is a functional one or a decorative piece to avoid making mistakes that you do not foresee.
- The endless list of kitchen gifts offers something for everyone. Even those who are not good at cooking or may not have interest in the kitchen could find themselves taken into the fun these gifts bring. Also, you could be helping someone start up their kitchen especially if they are still young and starting off their home.
A present is meant to uplift the mood and make the receiver feel special. No matter how small the item you present may be, it is a token of affection given selflessly without expecting any compensation. Gift giving is also a physical symbol that there is a personal relationship between people as well as a social connection. This line of thought began while back in the 17th century when it was believed that you must give and receive gifts especially from the neighboring communities as a way to avoid conflict and agree to have a relationship. It helped in keeping ties. It was also believed that if you give too little, the relationship did not matter to you. On the other hand, if you gave too much it could be an embarrassment as it would be trying too hard.
At times, we could give a gift and in the end the recipient feels indebted to you. It is all the nature of this world but it is also an act of selfless giving. It is very important to pay attention to the gift that you give. Also, a present you offer could offend and undervalue your relationship. In this case, it is important to be attentive and keen in your selection.
Whenever you are looking for a gift for a loved one, always be considerate and keen. Ensure you look into what makes them who they are, what bond you have with them, their interests and hobbies and also their age. It does no harm introducing them to something new. That great “wooow!” is really satisfying to you as a giver. With all that said and done, never overlook the kitchen as it really has a lot to offer in terms of presents. Get out there and enjoy giving a s much as you can to all your loved ones and at the end of it all, you will not be disappointed by the look of your recipient’s face when they received the present from you.